SwimAtlanta finishes 6th at Junior Nationals.
Junior National Champion
- Jake Magahey, Men's 500 Free - 4:14.61
- Jake Magahey, Men's 1650 Free - 14:51.54
Junior National Runner-Up
- Abigail McCulloh, Women's 1650 Free - 16:25.45
Top 16 Scoring Individual Swims
- 4th Jake Magahey, Men’s 200 Free
- 4th Lleyton Smith, Men's 200 Back
- 8th Lleyton Smith, Men’s 100 Back
- 9th Abigail McCulloh, Women’s 500 Free
- 10th Gigi Johnson, Women’s 200 Breast and a new 13-14 Georgia State Record - 2:13.80
- 11th Dylan Scott, Men’s 1650 Free
- 11th Ashley Neas, Women’s 1650 Free
- 16th Dylan Scott, Men's 500 Free
Top 16 Scoring Relay Swims
- 4th Men’s 200 Free Relay (Dillon Downing, Jake Magahey, Charlie Kaye, Riley Scruggs)
- 6th Men’s 400 Free Relay (Dillon Downing, Charlie Kaye, Riley Scruggs, Jack Aikins)
- 7th Men’s 800 Free Relay (Jake Magahey, Dylan Scott, Shawn Ahn, Jack Aikins)
- 8th Women’s 800 Free Relay (Emma Alexander, Abigail McCulloh, Elly Deas, Reagan Sweeney)
- 8th Men’s 200 Medley Relay (Lleyton Smith, Sam Song, Jake Magahey, Dillon Downing)
- 9th Men’s 400 Medley Relay (Lleyton Smith, Sam Song, Jake Magahey, Dillon Downing)
2018 Georgia Senior State Championship Updates w/ Heat Sheets
SwimAtlanta is excited to host everyone at Georgia Tech this weekend for Georgia Senior State Championship.
- PrePay Parking Link
- Estimate Timelines
- Psych Sheet *updated 12/5
- Heat Sheets
The 400 IM and 500 Free will be run in one pool. As per the meet information the 1000 and 1650 will run in two pools. Prior to scratches the 1650 has two heats and the 1000 eight heats. The 1000 will be conducted in the diving well end and the 1650 in the scoreboard end at the same time. At the conclusion of the two 1650 heats, remaining heats of the 1000 will be split between the two pools. Swimmers in the 1000 and 1650 need to provide his or her own timer and counter.
All Preliminary Sessions
Warm-Up: 8:00 AM *updated 12/5
Meet Start: 9:00 AM
Friday and Saturday Finals Sessions
Warm-Up: 4:30 PM
Meet Start: 5:30 PM
Sunday Finals Session
Warm-Up: 4:00 PM
Meet Start: 5:00 PM
A post shared by Georgia Swimming LSC (@ga_swimming) on Dec 6, 2018 at 5:10am PST
Athlete Food Drive: The athletes will also be running their annual food drive for the Atlanta Community Food Bank. During Prelims, athletes will have a chance to spin the Prize Wheel if they bring at least 5 non-perishable food items to donate. For every 5 items donated, swimmers will receive a raffle ticket for a Team USA item. Swimmers will only receive one spin on the Prize Wheel after bringing 5 items. There is no limit for the number of raffle tickets per swimmer.
Swim Team Winter / Holiday Break Practice Schedule
2018-2019 Winter/Holiday Break Schedule
Mt. Bethel (Cobb)
Pool Office and Lap Swim Hours
Swim Shop Holiday Discount Code
swimatlantaswimshop.com has 25% off entire order (excluding parkas and tech suits) through 12/31.
At checkout enter Discount Code: Jingle
Free shipping for all orders over $50
Over $704,000 Raised for Aflac Cancer & Blood Center
Over $704,000 has been raised for Aflac Cancer & Blood Disorders Center and still counting!
Team SwimAtlanta raised over $86,000. A huge thank you to all of the SwimAtlanta families and friends support the Swim Across America event yesterday. It is a honor for us to be a part of such a great event.
$81,884 and Counting Raised for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Wanted to give all our SwimAtlanta families an update on our Swim Across America team. So far we have raised $81,884 for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta pediatric cancer research! We are ranked 11th in the nation for all teams and the highest club swim team in the country! The event is this Saturday and we are trying to go over $85,000. If you would like to donate to the team you can click on the "Swim Across America" image above or the link below! Once again SWAT proves to be the best club in the county! Go SWAT Go! https://www.swimacrossamerica.org/site/TR/OpenWater/Atlanta?pg=team&fr_id=4765&team_id=19776
19 SwimAtlanta Swimmers Named to USA Swimming Scholastic All-American Team
These High School swimmers are getting it done in the classroom and in the pool. The following swimmers have been named to the USA Swimming Scholastic All-American Team:
Elly Deas, Noland Deas, Hailey Galbraith, Abigail Grottle, Caroline Irwin, Charles Kaye, Jake Magahey, Abby McCulloh, Ashely Neas, Joseph Peak, Caroline Perry, Alex Reyman, Samuel Song, Matthew Steele, William Scruggs, Sarah Grace Thompson, Cameron Tvrdik, Katie Wong, and Abigayle Wood.
Hope Has No Finish Line
Family, friends of Amazing Grace swim in her honor courtesy of www.11alive.com